Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To
1. Getting this meme finished.
2. Spending time at the weekend with Helena.
3. The solitude after Helena's gone home.
4. A nice warm, sunny, summer.
6. Living long enough to turn 44 (only five more years!)
7. One day far in the future when my Greek is good enough and I get round to booking a holiday in Athens.
8. Being lucky enough to be able to be as happy in the future as I have been up to now.
Eight Things I Did Yesterday
1. Got Up
2. Went To Work
3. Read a chapter of the current murder mystery I'm on in my lunch break
4. Pretended to do more work
5. Went home and caught up on blogs
6. Decided I'd never be able to do the "Eight Things" meme, since I lead too uneventful a life. I'd use a different word from "uneventful", but I promised Bee I wouldn't.
7. Didn't drink any alcohol - I'm not exactly an alcoholic, but it's actually relatively rarely that I don't drink anything at all, even if it's only a can of beer or some Scotch before I go to bed.
8. Er, that's it.
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do
1. Think in Greek.
2. Play the piano.
3. Cook. I probably could if I wasn't so bad at waiting for things.
4. Be more organised.
5. Spend my time more productively.
6. Be more assertive with other people.
7. Be a millionaire.
8. Be a better, nicer and less selfish person.
Eight Shows I Watch on TV
Taking the word "TV" to include DVDs, since I don't watch much TV:
1. The Main News Bulletin on CyBC - How dull does that make me sound? It gives me an hour of spoken Greek and is my main source of news, and is an important part of my daily routine.
2. CSI - I love this, although I've not watched it for a while. All three of the shows are good in their own way. Vegas because it's funny and varied, Miami because of the brightness and Emily Proctor, and NY because it's exciting.
3. Murder She Wrote - This is getting a little predictable (we're on the seventh series now), but it's fun and there are a variety of interesting guest stars.
4. IXNH - This is basically CSI Athens, and I wish they'd (a) bring it out on DVD and (b) make another series. The stories and characters were brilliant, and it's all in Greek too!
5. Epomenos & To Sizitame - These weekly debating shows seem to be pretty commonplace on Greek/Cypriot TV, and although they can get heated, they're much better than anything I've seen on British TV for a long time.
6. Sherlock Holmes (ITV) - Chris Wood recommended this, and I'm very glad he did. They're faithful televisations of Conan Doyle's original stories.
7. Poirot (also ITV) - David Suchet is Poirot. I hope that he gets his wish to film every single one of Agatha Christie's books and short stories. Like the Sherlock Holmes series they're a good example of bringing the written word to life.
8. Skai News - I much prefer this to the other option for watching Greek TV news on demand (Mega), because they don't spend the whole bulletin with 8 journalists discussing the top political scandal of the day. They also have dubbed BBC News reports.
You're supposed to nominate eight people, but I don't want to, and I suspect that Tracy already nominated everyone. If anyone wasn't, and wants to do this then consider yourself nominated.