I couldn't ignore this story. The Israeli Air Force is looking into the possibility of giving its jet pilots viagra to help lessen the effects of altitude. In other words, to keep them up longer.
Apparently in tests, mountaineers said it worked for them - they don't get so light-headed when they get to the summit. Doctors will now presumably be inundated with patients who claim to have taken up extreme sports and need a prescription.
All of this is great if you climb mountains or fly jets, but those of us who spend all day at lower altitutes sitting at a computer could do with some wonder pills too:
- Monday Morning Sickness Tablets: So that the week can at least start on a positive note.
- Corporate Anti Inflammatory Drugs: To be taken as required with emails and newsletters containing corporate and management bullshit.
- IT Painkillers: Hallucinogenics to make IT downtime pass more enjoyably.
- Silent Sleeping Tablets: To stop you snoring when you doze off during meetings (or any other time for that matter)
- Bat Anti-Flatulents: See Bee's blog for further details.
- Viagra: They should at least try it and see what happens. It might increase productivity.