Friday 11 April 2008

Shopping Therapy Crocodile-Style

Another creepy animal that we saw at the zoo was a crocodile. Actually, they had a few. Anyway, this morning I read a story about a crocodile in Malaysia. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a version in English to link to, but basically the croc decided to go shopping.

The crocodile, 3 metres long and weighing 200 kilos paid a visit to the two-story shop in the State of Malacca. However, none of the outfits were the right size. Perhaps it should lay off the mini-eggs...

In fact, it didn't actually get right into the shop, as it had a problem getting up the stairs, and ended up stuck half-way. In Britain it would be able to sue under the Disability Discrimination Act, but instead the terrified customers called the fire brigade who took it to a local zoo. It is believed that it is not an escapee, but came from a swamp.

I'm not sure whether there is a moral to this story. In the zoo they had a display of various crocodile items, such as handbags, which had been siezed by customs, and so it might be seen as poetic or fitting in some way that the crocodiles should seek their revenge - I wonder if the shop in question had any crocodile goods.

I just hope that Jean Knee's shopping expedition was more successful. And less scary.

Other News

I've only just noticed this one, too. Someone stole a crocodile from an aquarium in Norway the weekend before last. Apparently they just walked out with it (it was during one of their busy periods). Some people will steal anything...

15 comments:

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

F.I.R.S.T.

Yes!!!!!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I've never owned anything made out of crocodile but I can't imagine that I would like it. I don't like things made out of snake skin either. Yeck.
I can't imagine stealing the crocodile.
Hey, there was a guy here who stole a guitar buy sticking it down his pants leg and walking out.

Brian o vretanos said...

Tracy:

Well done!

It would take a lot of nerve to carry out thefts like that. "Is that a guitar in my trousers or am I just pleased to see you?"

Presumably they didn't stick the crocodile down their trousers ;-)

Dan said...

I think the croc saw its loved ones face on a croc bag and was trying to say hello.

Bee said...

There's been allot of croc/gator stories here too.

Jean Knee said...

I held a baby alligator in the swamps of New Orleans. ( about the size of a small iguana) The guide said if I let it get out of my grasp it would clamp onto a body part and not let go until he cut it off. Therefore I held it very tightly making it gasp for air and the dude said repeatedly, you have to loosen your grip or it'll suffocate--I couldn't so he had to take it away from me.

it was cool though, the dude caught it with a fishing rod and bait

Bee said...

Okay you guys, I need a to work but I can't get my ass in gear!!!

I've been sitting here for 60 minutes (less because I got up to get me some yummolicious cafe!) unable to do anything.

I thought I'd have a productive day without all the batty distractions...

Jean Knee said...

you probably work to distract yourself from the bat nonsense going on--I remember you missed them last time too

Bee said...

Take that back jean knee!

Brian o vretanos said...

Jean Knee:

I think you're right about the bats. Maybe we should try and imitate them, to help Bee work.

Bee:

Were you planning to relieve me, or were you just going to leave me? What do I have to do? Beg for a toilet break?

Hey, who had that extra piece of cake? I just counted and there were 6 slices in there this morning. Now there are only 5.

Bee! Careful with that highlighter! You've already had 3 this year!

Jean Knee said...

bee, look at this package of crumbs I'm saving, jealous?


You can't have a soda or you'll throw the balance off

blink blink

Bee said...

Oh sure! Wait for me to leave and then produce this awesomeness!

Jean Knee said...

isn't anyone impressed with my alligator wrestling? it could have have clamped onto a body part

Brian o vretanos said...

Jean Knee:

I'm certainly glad that you managed to emerge from the experience in one piece. Your bravery in the face of possible dismemberment is impressive.

Jean Knee said...

if I ever get a scanner I'll send you the picture of me holding that thing-it is impressive