So here is a guide to somewhere I'm not going, and have never been.
Egypt is a large North African country, with a population of over 80 million, and a rich history.
Reasons to go to Egypt:
- Sand - People who go on holiday so they can lie in the sand and get sunburnt should seriously consider Egypt. Why go somewhere like Majorca that's got a couple of crowded beaches, when you can have whole deserts to yourself?
- Pyramids - One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Ancient History - The ancient culture of the Pharoahs and stuff is fascinating.
- Cairo - One of the cultural centres of the Middle East.
Reasons not to go to Egypt:
- Sand - The country is pretty much a huge desert. No doubt you'll get sand on your shoes, on your clothes and in your sandwiches.
- Pyramids - They've got some in Las Vegas. Or you can look at pictures on the internet, or in a book. The insides really do look a bit claustrophobic.
- Ancient History - Fortunately they carted off the contents of several pyramids to London years ago, so that people didn't have to traipse all the way to North Africa to see them.
- Cairo - Here's a picture of the smog.