Fans of Ghostbusters will remember that Sigourney Weaver has a demon in her fridge, so she calls on the Ghostbusters to investigate. Bill Murray cautiously opens the door, says "My God!" and closes it again. "Look at all the junk food! You actually eat this stuff?".
Apparently that line was put in because a soft-drinks company had a large share in the film studio and insisted that bottles of Coca Cola and Perrier were prominently displayed.
Anyway, Zool would feel right at home in my fridge, as you can see.
- 4 x 500ml Bottles Mineral Water - Not much you can say about that. A convenience.
- 2 x cans of Guinness Original - Far superior to the "new" stuff. "Guinness is Good For You!"
- 1 x "Olive Oil" spread - I get this one because I like the look of the tub, but the adverts claim that it'll help you live longer.
- Edam - Great snacking food.
- 2 x five packs of "hot" pepperami - I forget what you call this in the US - It's meat in a thin condom-like wrapper. In this case with loads of spices. Great dipped in houmous, but then what isn't?
- 1 1/2 bottles Retsina - This is the main alcoholic thing I drink. It's the only white wine I like.
- 1 Vegetable Curry - I'll have this with a pack of microwaveable rice. It must be healthy, since it's vegetables, right?
- 2 x 4 hot dogs - Great with mustard, houmous, gherkins & cheese slices in pitta bread.
- 1 x trifle - I only get these for Helena, but then they start to get near their sell by date, so I have to eat them...
- Cheese Slices - See hot dogs.
- 10 plums - The healthy option
- 1 x French's Mustard - Almost run out (that's why there's another waiting on the top)
- 1 x Lime Pickle - Seemed like a good idea at the time. If I remember, I'll bung some on the curry.
- 1 x partly used Green Pesto - Will probably get thrown out - it's been there for a couple of weeks.
- 1 x Ketchup - Hardly used. Helena likes it, but I rarely give her anything she can put it on.
- 2 pints Milk - For coffee and hot chocolate, and occasionally drinking.
- 1 pot of custard - To put on something else that I've since eaten, so I'll end up just having it on its own before it runs out of date.
- 1 x Hellmann's Mayonnaise - No other make is anywhere near as good.
- about a litre of Coca Cola - For mixing with whisky.
- 4 yoghurts - useful when I get indigestion - quite likely after that lot.